Solar cover sticking to itself causing unwinding issues...

Jun 25, 2013
Green Bay, WI
So i just bought a 10mil (24ft diameter)blue solar cover for the pool that is at our newly purchased home.
The previous owner installed the reel onto the edge of the pool directly at center across the widest point. I bought the string and clips to connect the cover to the reel.

So the cover rolls up like a charm...unrolling is like taming a wild beast.
As i unroll it, it starts parting out perfect until i get about 2ft out and then one side or the other will start sticking and get pulled under the opposite side. So if i kept unrolling it, half the pool would only get covered.

What am i doing wrong??.... or is this just how it goes.

Hello willie! I see you haven't received a reply yet on your post on the solar cover. I just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about you. This reply should get your posting updated back to the top of the queue where hopefully someone experienced with your specific question can provide some constructive answers. Thanks for checking-in with TFP, and have a great day.

I have the same issue on my 18' Round AGP with a Space Age Solar Blanket. I use my pool pole to coax each side to go the right way.

It's a comical mix of crank, split the flaps, crank, split the flaps, etc but once I'm about half way the cover floats enough to keep them separate.

Well worth the effort to be able to close/open with one person, especially for the wife.

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.