Automatic valve not turning when pool is warm

Jun 21, 2015
Mobile al
Ok so I have a problem with my automatic valve. The valve works fine by using the switch on the back of it. The pool temp setting is at 85 and the pool water was at 88 today, but the valve is not turning to divert the water directly to the pool and not to the solar panels. Is this possibly just settings in the Aqualogic panel? I'm stumped and don't know what to do. The temp settings all seem fine and the solar settings seem fine. Please help!?

What does the controller say for the following?
Water temp?
Solar temp?
Target water temp?
Temp differential?
Is solar heating on?

Has it ever worked correctly or is this a new install?

Target 85 means the controller is trying to heat your water to 85 and then it will shut off. Since the water is 88 it won't open the valve need to change it to 90 or so.

Mine has a temp differential between water and solar to keep it from turning in and off repeatedly. Yours should have one too, it just may not be adjustable. So, if the differential is 3 then it won't open the valve until the solar is 91 if the water is 88.

I just reread through the post and I had it backwards. The valve is open and sending water to solar even though the water is 88 and the target is 85 and should be closed and sending water to the pool and bypassing solar.

Will it open the valve when it gets to a temp for heating?

Solar sensor open means there is an issue with the solar temp sensor, either wire issue, connection issue or thermistor issue.

I don't know. I guess it will. When we moved in it was always going to solar because the water temp was 65 at the time and the target was 85. I've been anticipating the water temp reaching 85 to see the valve actuate on its own. But it's getting too hot and not working. I don't want to turn it manually all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.