Debri Coming back out of my filter while vacuuming.

TracyK

Jun 15, 2015
Jackson, NJ
I have been having issues with not being able to clear my cloudy pool. I have gone to the pool store and had my water tested several times and each time they tell me to do something different. While now I have a pool where I can see the bottom but still a bit cloudy and on the greener side. I noticed yesterday as I was vacuuming (I had the setting on filter rather than waste) that the dirt was coming right back into the pool. I am thinking this is why the pool is not getting any clearer. If so, what do I need to do to the filter, change the sand? I sometimes vacuum on waste and sometimes on filter, I have well water and it takes a long time to fill back up, which is when I filter. I backwash every time I vacuum, even several times during the process. I am not sure what my filter is other than a Hayward 1 hp.

Tracyk

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Starting by Deep Cleaning your Sand Filter would be a good first step. Hardly ever a need to change sand.

I would also highly recommend you invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and stop trusting the pool store testing (we do NOT). Cloudy water is nearly always a result of a chemistry problem and if you are relying on the pool store testing, your very well could still have a chemistry problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.