Another new member from Texas

AV8TOR

Dec 6, 2008
Fort Worth TX
Greetings all.

We just re-located to Texas accepting my dream job (working for Nike Golf) from Ohio and of course had to buy a home with a pool with the long swim season and periods off 100º plus temperatures. We love the house and love the pool but it is too cold to swim right now, but darn does it look so inviting.

Anyway I have been reading lots of great information right now and look forward to learning much more. This is my first in ground pool. As you can see from the picture it is a Roman style and is 23' x 15' measuring the rectangle. Not sure of the total gallons yet because as mentioned it's to cold to go in. Does anyone know of any web sites listing Roman pool specifications? Reaching in as far as I can i looks to be 4' in the shallow end and deeper maybe 4-1/2' to 5'.

The home was empty when we bought it and they had a pool service but they had the Chlorine really cranked up. The chlorine feeder was set all they way up and the FC was above 10 TC was the same. I turned the feeder down to 3 but when the chlorine never went sown I turned it all the way down. I will give the BBB method a go but for now I need to wait for the levels to go down.
backyard_view.jpg

pool.jpg