Scotch Plains, NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
My Polaris 360 is not moving (it appears the wheels are not turning). I already cleaned the filters (pump and mesh at the quick connect adapter). It move the little "tail" and the cleaner bag is up so, it looks like it has water flowing, but it won't move. Called my Pool company as it's under warranty, but they cannot send someone until next week. My pool is dirty as I was doing work on my patio and need to clean it before use it. Any trouble shooting advice will be appreciated.

Are you getting water out of the thrust jet, tail sweep hose, and the three main jets in the suction tube?

If you are, then either the turbine drive jet is plugged with debris or something jammed the gears. The turbine drive jet is not visible, unlike the other jets, unless the unit is fully disassembled.

The single wheel side is driven direct from the gears. The double wheel side is driven by a shaft from the gears, then a belt to each wheel on the two wheel side. So even if you lost the two belts, the single wheel side should still spin. And I have learned that the 360 will drive around somewhat normal with one wheel drive.

Do you have a manual vacuum?

Hope this helps

Yes, I have a manual vaccum (The one that came with the pool started kit from A & S).

Are you getting water out of the thrust jet, tail sweep hose, and the three main jets in the suction tube?

If you are, then either the turbine drive jet is plugged with debris or something jammed the gears. The turbine drive jet is not visible, unlike the other jets, unless the unit is fully disassembled.

The single wheel side is driven direct from the gears. The double wheel side is driven by a shaft from the gears, then a belt to each wheel on the two wheel side. So even if you lost the two belts, the single wheel side should still spin. And I have learned that the 360 will drive around somewhat normal with one wheel drive.

Do you have a manual vacuum?

Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice. It looks like you were right...something was jamming the wheels! I opened the Polaris and sprayed water with my water hose inside it. Now it working as new. Thanks.

Yes, I have a manual vaccum (The one that came with the pool started kit from A & S).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.