Changing Course Mid-build

First time poster and 8-month skulker here on TFP.

We've been awaiting completion of our pool since signing our contract with the PB and starting excavation back in November. It's now June and PB is going out of business. This is what we're supposed to have:
26,000g
20'x40' rectangular sport pool
White marbelite
1000 sqft exposed aggregate deck

We have a beautiful hole in the backyard, with gorgeous tile and coping and a nice-sized deck--but no swimming yet! We're soooo close. Still need equipment, plaster and our cover. If Ican get the equipment figured out we could be swimming by Independence Day!

The equipment is what brings me to posting today. Originally the PB had us going with all Pentair products, including
  • Intelliflow VS pump 3050,
  • Easytouch 8psc w/Screenlogic
  • Intellichlor 40 SWG,
  • Ultratemp 120 heat pump,
  • FNS+ DE filter,
  • Intellibrite 5g lights

In the future I'm thinking I might want to add a spa or landscape lighting or maybe ph automation, hence the Easytouch.

My question, now that I'm not beholden to my PB's equipment choices and need to go buy all of this stuff myself: is there a better setup? Am I better looking at a Hayward total setup? Is there an ideal best-of-breed selection across brands? I also realize from reading here that pool brand loyalty is almost like car loyalty and that it will be all over the board.

I do like the Omnilogic demo's online--their sales pitch is effective, at least. Jandy Aqualink and equipment? Can I mix and match, even with the automation?

I'm a total newb--so nothing is too basic.

Most everything can be mix and match, but it is often easier to go with one brand when it comes to fittings and wiring. I have all Jandy stuff. I chose Jandy because I think they have the best valves. Kind of a silly reason, but it has worked out.

I think that equipment would be great, pentair is on the pricey side but its nice.. You might think about the intellichlor 60 SWG instead... 1800 for the 40 w/easytouch 8 and jumps to 1900 w/60.. From what everyone says the bigger heater works better...

First time poster and 8-month skulker here on TFP.
  • Intelliflow VS pump 3050,
  • Easytouch 8psc w/Screenlogic
  • Intellichlor 40 SWG,
  • Ultratemp 120 heat pump,
  • FNS+ DE filter,
  • Intellibrite 5g lights

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.