Pool concrete around pool complete. Pool needs cleaning. But how??

LOL. Gotta love stores like this one!
I bet the PB and his guys were happy not to have to clean a swamp too!

on the CH test, I would say test it again.
im wondering if maybe you tested with a 10ml sample for 1 time and 25 the other? Thats a common mistake.

As a reminder how to test it.
Add drops until the very last drop you add does not result in any color change, or shade of color change at all. then dont count that last drop.

as for teh pB;s test. It might be his test regent is old? The colored regents for CH and TA will not produce accurate results if they are too old.
How to tell, is that the dye in the bottle will start to heavily stain it. A good regeant shouldnt leave dark stains in the bottle.

good deal on getting that concrete outta there too. :)

On the salt. What they added is fine. You are supposed to wait and let it mix for 24 hrs before you fire up the SWG. The fact that you didnt might be why the unit is only sensing 2700. (of course it depends on how much they put in).

Your owners manual most likely recommends 3400 as optimum. (hayward? Right?) you can tell if its generating chlorine because there is row of lights to the right of the salt level display. One of them says "generating".
If its on, its working.

If you have low salt or low flow, there should be a light for those, and the Generating light will not be on.

Today's chemistry:
FC: 2
Salt: 2800
CYA: 40 will add more per Pool Calc
TA: 80
CH: 350 - please help me with this one. See video.
CC: 0.5
PH: 7.8 will add a little MA per Pool Calc

The PB came back again to do Pool School and this is what he said exactly: "Since you know more than anyone that we have dealt with before, what would you like to know???" I couldn't help but laugh!!! I said why don't you tell me what you usually tell people and I will let you know if I have any questions. So he went on with, pretty much, sales pitches for opening, closing/winterizing, and safety covers, and a bunch of stuff I already know thx to TFP.

He also added another 2 bags of salt and left me with two more bags. I've been running the pump for about 5 hours and tested the salt level with my Taylor kit and got 2800. I guess I'm going to have to add the 2+ salt bags but I'll check for sure in 24 hrs.
Thoughts, comments, concerns. Thx!!https://vimeo.com/130349619

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.