Water behind liner on ground pool

I have a sunken on ground pool that has metal walls, sand bottom and liner. There is no drain at bottom. The soil is clay and there is alot of groundwater around pool. There has been barely any rain last couple weeks but there is alot of water under the liner, the edges are floating and vacuum sucks up liner since it's loose. I read to take part of liner out and siphon water.. How exactly do i siphon without using a pump? Should I look into adding some kind of a sump pit? Looking for the cheapest option but seems like this is going to be a yearly thing.

How deep is the bottom of the pool below the ground level? If you are not loosing water then I would suspect a ground water issue. I would dig a test hole a few inches away from the side of the pool to see what the water level looks like. If there is water I would look into a French drain if possible to a lower area on the property. If that is not possible then I would try a sump pump. The problem with that is going to be where you drain the water to

You can only siphon if you have an area lower than the bottom of the pool to siphon to. You will have to dig a sump pit and pump it out. It may be a permanent thing. Once you get the water level of the ground far enough below the surface of the pool water the weight of the pool water may push the liner back down enough to not be a problem

A shop vac would probably work. My pool is sunk in the ground on the high side but is sitting on the ground on the low side. This way it allows the water to drain away. The French drain idea sounds like the way to go if it is ground water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.