Pentair Intelliflow VS 3HP

Jun 2, 2015
Kingston ma
FIrst time pool owner. Installed a pentair IC60 on saturday. My question is what is the most efficient speed for this pump and is there a calculation to determine how much chlorine output i should have the SWG on or is it trial by fire? Once i get the pool balanced i am going to attempt to run the pump 8 hours and turnover the pool once. I am going to start with the SWG set to 40%. Does that sound like a good plan? thanks in advance

Around 1000 RPM is the most efficient but it may or may not be enough for the SWG but you will know right away.

As for the SWG % setting, yes trial and error is probably your best bet and 50% for your pool size and SWG size is a good start.

You may want to run the pump at the lowest rpm that keeps your skimmer running at optimum efficiency. Then slowly reduce pump run time as long as your pool stays crystal clear. I found splitting the run time between early morning and evening was the best way to catch as much as possible in the skimmer. I ended up at three pump hours per day.

Once your pump run time is sorted out you can then adjust your %SWG accordingly. I found that it was best to change the SWG setting once per week, any faster than that and you end up chasing your tail. Keep in mind your %SWG will go up a lot as daytime temps get warmer and you get more hours of direct sun.

I have the same pump with the IC40. Mine skimmed well and made chlorine at 900 rpm. But, as the filter clogged I started getting low flow errors. Bumped it to 1000 and it got better but still got an error occasionally. Bumped it to 1100 and it has been error free for a couple of years no matter how clogged the filter gets. And it only draws 150 watts at 1100 rpm!

Pool turnover is not an important factor in residential pools. If your pool looks clean and the chlorine level is above the minimum level for your CYA level then your pool is sanitized. Chlorine CYA Chart

Yep, for sure! So efficient that I run my pump 24x7 in spring and fall because we have lots of trees that drop lots of stuff in the pool. So skimming 24x7 keeps most stuff in the skimmers and off the bottom.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.