Leaky GloBrite

Mar 28, 2013
San Jose, CA
Hi All,

One of my 3 GloBrites has died and unfortunately is about a year out of warranty. I've removed the light from the niche and pulled out the wire pulling a fish back through. The light appears to have a small leak as I can see moisture inside the lens as well as corrosion on some of the solder joints where the LEDs are mounted.
Per Pentair instructions, I didn't drain the pool to remove the light so now I have water in the conduit. The transformer is way above the pool level (needs to be above the spa level which is higher) so the water isn't draining.

From everything I've read, when replacing a lamp, people just put the new lamp in which would leave all that water sitting in the conduit. Does that sound correct? Does anyone try and suction out some of the water, maybe with a small tube put down the conduit and a shop vac?

thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_2646.jpg
    IMG_2646.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 62
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.