High chlorine

Acho

Apr 28, 2015
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi all,

I received my new reagents for the tf-100 kit and tested everything.

The FC came up to 12 with CYA at 70 the normal levels according to the pool math are 5-7 so I decided to turn off the cell until in the target range then to adjust the cell duty. For the pas two days I lost les than 2ppm of chlorine. I started to wonder if there is something wrong. All other levels seems to be in the target zone exept PH at 7.8 but here I learned that above 10 chlorine the PH reading is not correct.

Please advise if this situation is normal or I have to do something. I want to make sure that all is good in next 7 days since I am goin on vacation for 2 weeks and don't want surprises

Thanks

For a SWG pool, the levels are actually 3-5ppm (see the FC/CYA Chart) ... the key is to never let it drop below 3ppm. I would try to dial it in around 5ppm.

But as said above, 12ppm is perfectly safe.

A 2ppm drop is a little lower than I would expect if you have a lot of direct sun on the pool ... but nothing wrong with that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.