Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Logic PS8 reads no cell power

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Logic PS8 reads no cell power

Any ideas for why this is happening? My husband has taken it apart and and used his volt meter and everything seems fine but continues to read no cell power. The cell is 5 years old.
    Thanks to anyone who can help!
    Lisa
    New to pool service industry in Southern California.
    Currently working toward my LA County Health Cert. for commercial pool servicing.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Logic PS8 reads no cell power

Check the system fuses. I'm not sure where they're located on the ps8, but check your wiring diagram. There's probably at least one that is accessed from the outside of the box or near where the cell plugs in.

I'd also unplug the cell and plug it back in just to be sure.

3. Back To Top    #3

My husband did exactly what you have recommended!! Still says no cell power.

He wants to know if there are any schematics available for the controller board?
    Thanks for your help!!
    Lisa
    Currently working toward my LA County Health Cert. for commercial pool servicing.

4. Back To Top    #4

Boohicks - welcome to TFP!!

If I can remember, I'll grab my tech manual out of the service van tomorrow - and my test kit (there are some things that shouldn't be left in there over the winter ) I'll check it and see if there is some more advanced info - if the problem persists, I'll call my direct contact and ask him

I hope all else is well with the pool! I'll be back in a day or 2.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

5. Back To Top    #5

Awesome! Thanks so much, looking forward to hearing from you! I'll keep checking back.

6. Back To Top    #6

What was the resolution to this? My Aqualogic PS8 is now giving me the "no cell power" and the pool is starting to get greenish. I'm putting bleach in for now, but I'm obviously not getting any chlorine generation. I saw a thread on gardenweb that said this problem is almost always a new main pcb board. Retail is on $600-$800 online.

Warrantee is 100% for 3 years, and then I pay 60% retail cost for between 3-5 years. Mine went out at 3 years, 3 months... go figure...

Robert
    22K inground, PS8 Aqualogic SWCG, 3/4 hp 2-speed Hayward Tristar pool pump, 2hp Pentair Whisperflo waterfall pump, Pentair 320 Clean and Clear cartridge filter, Sta-Rite heater, Intellibrite lights

7. Back To Top    #7

I also started receiving this error on my Hayward Aqualogic. I came across a post on GardenWeb where a user successfully fixed the motherboard. It was an easy fix and his success was duplicated by several other users, including me.

I posted a repair guide with pictures at http://www.nocellpower.com
    13,500 gal pool
    Inground
    Plaster
    Intellichlor Salt Generator
    Water Fall

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Darren!