TFP/BBB and that is all???

The only issue I have with keeping the pool open that long (September) is that it is impossible to keep clean. Fall season comes through and all sorts of leaves and debris blow into it daily. The skimmers would clog within an hour every hour if I did that.

Yup. No weekly algaecides needed. The chlorine itself could be construed as an algaecide if maintained properly, so why add another?

You may not even need all of the B's. We promote only adding what the pool requires, which can only be determined by accurate testing.
So, thats why we are always touting to get a recommended test kit.

Some folks who close their pool in the winter may add polyquat 60 algaecide (copper free), but its not a regular maintenance item by any notion.

You can keep your pool free of scale by maintining proper CH and pH. Scale only happens when those partameters are not properly maintained.

Incorrect pool chemistry is what causes stains. Primarily metals and poor pH.
Most algaecides contain coppper. Copper is a metal and metals cause stains and green hair on blonde people. Iron also causes staining, so if your fill water has iron in it (usual source is well water), then a metal sequestrant would likely be a regular maintenance item, but thats a relatively rare case.

Doing my best to get this BBB thing correct for my pool this year. Very helpful site here and I learned a lot about CYA/Chlorine relationship. Also learned a bit about the Calcium saturation index and ll of the little things that affect it, (pH, TA, CH....)
One question though, do you folks never add a weekly algecide like ALL-60 or "Pool Perfect/Phos free" or monthly does of scale/stain free? No weekly maintenance products?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.