Pisces Pool Build

Thank you Butterfly! I really liked the way the tile turned out. It was what I wanted almost above anything else, and I'm very happy about it. We'll start working on those fire bowls for ya, I promise! Gotta get them going for some shock value, ya know. :mrgreen: I mean..since it's such an itty bitty pool...gotta have something extra. I've already told everybody "No Hair Spray Allowed" :shock:

Krusty (love that name..I laugh every time I see it - AND your pool is GORGEOUS) we had them run a gas line and individual column pipes behind the pool, and debated back and forth about running them up through the interior of the columns and out of the travertine coping. Decided to not drill a hole thru the coping in case someone in the future didn't want it there (always gotta look at resale stuff). So we will have someone take the line up the back of the column and sneak it into the firebowls without showing much. It's a compromise. I hated to drill through the travertine column tops...arrrgh!! On the other hand, if we hate it...we can always go thru the back of the columns and up through the middle of the coping later. Umm, I think. :roll: Just tried to make a good enough decision on it... Kinda DIY thing. I saw Las Vegas Mom's pool build on here last year...sooo pretty...and loved her firebowls... now THAT'S the way to do it. It was very nice. Anyway, we'll see how they turn out..an ongoing project.
'

Pisces said:
I mean..since it's such an itty bitty pool...gotta have something extra. I've already told everybody "No Hair Spray Allowed" :shock:
Lol!!! Better safe than sorry :lol:
I love your "itty bitty" pool. Everything is so well planned, and like everybody else says are your choices of tile glorious.
Which colour will you have on your plaster pisces? I would love to hear a little bit how you thought when you decided that.

Regards Mats

Thanks, Henry...We're going with PebbleSheen for the interior finish, and had to decide whether to color match the tile (Desert Gold), go with a darker finish, or get a water color we liked. Went around to pools with different colors...decided to go with a nice blue water color - not too dark, not too light. We're doing PebbleSheen Aqua Blue. I didn't want to take a chance on ending up with greenish tinted water or something too dark in that small area.

Hi Pisces!
I found some pics in this link http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/po ... 23767.html a little to dark for my taste, but I guess it depends on how strong sun the pool is subject to. An average day where I live is often overcast and for that reason I'm a little hesitate to go with anything that can bring a dark tint to the pool. Sorry pisces that I'm talking about my project in you thread :(

Anyway, It's a struggle to decide things that will be permanent and not easy to re do. But I think you have showed great feeling for design and colours so far so you are probably on the right path regarding the interiour colour aswell. And whatever colour you will undertake will be to a great help for us in the hard decision for our pool.
Thanks for posting pictures Pisces :-D

Pisces,

How is your build going? We haven't seen any updates in a while.

We have been fighting a leak that lead to busting out our spa around one of the whirlpool jets. That is fixed but the pool and spa is still leaking. It is taking a long time but since Jay left and Brent took over customer service they have been on top of keeping us informed. Hopefully it will all be resolved by the time it's warm enough to swim.

Hi, Landmark...matter of fact, I need to add some pics, and add the equipment, etc. to my signature. Thanks for the nudge! :whip: I'll upload some this evening. Gotta update Photobucket. We're just going thru punch list things now...almost done. It's been a really busy time personally, and I've fallen behind on my updates. Sorry to hear you still have a leak!! I hope it gets resolved really soon. I knew they'd had the personnel changes, hopefully they'll get to this and fix it for you.

We had some issues with city inspectors (we started in all the post-Ike chaos on October 8th and the City offices were understandably in an uproar)...the guy who initially inspected our jobsite is not even there anymore, and there were computer mixups with our build on the city's part...it was difficult to get things inspected correctly. :roll: The City did request some changes that were to our advantage as a homeowner, and we had no problem with CastleRock taking out already installed materials and changing them out per the inspectors.

They had to take out ALL the deck framing and rebar at one point in January (it was in and ready to pour the deck) and replace all the drain pipes for different strength pipe..arrrgh! I was very sick at the time and just didn't put up an update. But it was all redone in a timely manner. A real headache, but has worked out very well in the long run anyway. I'm really happy with the way the pool turned out visually. We had pool school Monday Feb. 23, and so far (fingers crossed), no equipment issues at all. I was ready with my TF-100 test kit (thanks, Duraleigh - it ROCKS!! :goodjob: ), as well as the one we got from Castlerock. We just have simple "Florida Falls" coming from the top of the columns, and no moss rock. I remember yours was a huge moss rock waterfall (and pretty)! So....almost there.

Henry, sorry it's taken so long to answer you! We really love the Aqua Blue PebbleSheen, now that it's installed and we have the water in and balanced. The water color is really pretty, and I like the color on the shallower parts, too. Not too dark or grey colored. We have a lot of sunshine, and that makes a big difference. It doesn't appear nearly as dark as some of the other colors, though. I'm getting almost a Windex blue color already, which is what I was aiming for! Still following your build! Pics to follow tonight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi, Mitchell..I'm sorry..I just noticed there was a new post on here...it didn't notify me by email about it. I ordered them from Grandin Road...ditched the wrought iron looking black base..then we made cast concrete round ball "feet" for the copper bowls from cheap rubber molds I ordered online, painted them a stone color, and bolted them onto the copper bowls. We haven't gotten the fire bowl mechanisms yet (sorry Butterfly :wave: )...they're pricey and we've spent on other things first. We'll eventually get around to them. We have gas lines run behind the columns for them. They'll be manually lit instead of remote ignition.

Pisces what's the width (narrower and wider) and length of your pool?

We are starting to design ours, and we don't have a lot of space, so looking at different options. I love how well your PB used the space, so we might want to go with something similar.

Thanks,
firstpoolforme

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.