Intex pool frame rusting out

freebird1963

Jul 30, 2012
I will get photos up here shortly.
We have a Intex 16ft x 42" Pro Metal pool. Its like 3 yrs old. Overall been good. HOWEVER we went with there salt generator for a year. It broke last year during the first year of use. So we went back to adding chlorine. Shortly after switching back we started to notice rust appearing on the metal legs and connectors. Now almost every leg and connector is rusted through. One side is basically about collapsed.
I was wondering if anyone else that had a Saltwater generator every had this type of issue. ?
I am also wondering is it from the splashing of water while in the pool even with the generator in use that started this or did it happen after the switch back.
I am really ****** about this and right now as things are really tight with us to have to go and try to get another pool for the kids (4 of them under 7 yrd old !) in this hot summer here in Florida already.

Thanks
Mark

I have or had this experience with mine. However, there are some threads if you use the search box where others have had bad problems with rust. I would take the pool down or try to replace the rusted pieces somehow. Not safe if it may collapse.

Last year was our first year with a ultra frame pool and when I took it down for winter every leg, t-joint, and horizontal bar was rusted. All I used was chlorine. With a 5yr old and a 1yr old that will use the pool this summer I decided to just buy a whole new pool and see how this one goes. With the ultra frame if you can figure out some way to keep water from getting in the gap between the t joint and bar maybe you will have a chance. I know these are cheap pools and I shouldn't complain but I expected more then one summer before I had to replace it.

I took a three and a half year old ultra frame down yesterday. Pho rust, and I had even left it up over the past two winters. I was surprised how good the joints looked. I am upgrading the size, so I gave it to my friend I. Exchange for the excavation in a new site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.