Need advice on opening a Kayak pool with frog system

Hi, I'm totally new to this site so I'm still trying to find things and figure out how it works. In saying that if I'm doing something wrong in this post, please tell me the correct way.

So my question is: is it possible to open a Kayak pool without using the mineral, bam, and bac pacs? I ordered products and of course they won't arrive until after the holiday wkend. I've stumbled on some post that it sounds like it is possibly but I have no idea how to do it!!!! Do you leave an old mineral cartridge in the filter and add chlorine somehow that way? Do you leave an old bac pac in the filter while running it? Is there a way to bypass the frog portion of the filter and if so what chemicals do I need to open the pool. In the past we have used their products and haven't had any issues but it is a very expensive way to clean the pool but it's all I know!!! I'm on disability so anything I can save is important. Any advice is greatly appreciated. If you need further information or clarification on anything, please let me know. I'm hoping this is the proper way to post, so again, as a newbie, any help is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can run it without the frog pacs installed. Read through the links pooldv posted and it will all become more clear. Ask any questions you have about them in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.