Introductions and Such

May 17, 2015
Southern Oregon
Happy Monday! I'm so thrilled I found this site. My name is Katie and I recently purchased my parents house that came with my childhood pool. It's an AG doughboy 16X24 pool. My mom was an excellent pool keeper growing up, but when all of kids (3) moved out pool maintenance went by the wayside. This year is the first year the pool has had a functioning pump and filter in about 6 years. Last weekend the pool was Dark Green. An initial liquid pool opening kit (just what the local hardware store had) the pool quickly turned cloudy blue within a couple of hours. The pump and filter arrived new in box on Friday and it was installed on Friday night. After filling the pool the rest of the way the pump was initially turned on Saturday morning and has been running continually since then. Yesterday I vacuumed the bottom straight to waste. Gross. I tossed in a couple bags of shock yesterday and I'll do my initial water testing during my lunch hour and see what I need to do from there. This morning the pool was still blue, just cloudy. I have backflushed a couple times when the pressure increased. Hopefully by this weekend, I'll have a crystal clear pool! Can't wait to read more on the forums and see everything TFP has to offer! I'm not interested in taking my water samples to the pool store. I watched my mom dump $$$$ there for years and after finding this site I can see that having a pool can be a lot more affordable without the "help" of the pool store. Cheers!