2nd year 1st opening with TFP method

schaya

Jul 2, 2014
Williamsport, PA
Started pump 3 days ago and adjusted my levels and started to slam. All is going well but my water is not clearing up. Just Cloudy Blue Color.

Current test results.

FC - 7.0 - adjusted back to 12 checking & raising every 3-4 hours
CC - 0.5
TC - 7.5
PH - 7.8 (lowering was 8+ 2 days ago)
TA - 80
CH - 40
CYA - Less that 30 (Dot does not disappear)

I know I need to raise my CYA and that will also lower my PH so I'm not going to try to lower my PH any longer. What would you recommend? Raise my CYA and just keep slamming and wait it out? If I add Stabilizer it says not to backwash for a week but in my present situation I will not be able to do that since I'm slamming and I've had to backwash at least once a day to keep my pressure down and flow up. Any thoughts?

Thanks for all your reply's.
Stan

Thanks for the reply. I'll add the stabilizer tomorrow. I did try the DE but within 15 minutes I had almost no flow through my pump and I only added 1/2 cup just to try it. Maybe I'll try a 1/4 cup tomorrow morning and see how that works. Thanks again!!!!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.