Water flow to heater question

gary300

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2014
Riverside California
Hello all. Just had a new Raypak 2100 heater installed and have a question about water flow. I have a Jandy valve plumbed in such that I can bypass the heater, or make all of the water flow through the heater, or split the flow half through the heater and the other half out the return line. What is the best way to set the valve to obtain the most efficient heating. Thanks for any reply.

View attachment 36389

You want to have the most water you can getting heated a small amount. Usually filters have an internal bypass if you are trying to force too much water through. So, really there is no need to really bypass any of the water I would not think.

The heater that was replaced was a 23 year old Raypak 2100, so maybe the plumbing was set up this way if the original heater did not have an internal bypass. I don't know if it did or did not. I was not the owner when the pool was installed. Thank you for the reply, jblizzle. I will keep the valve as shown and let all the water go through the heater.
Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.