Finally got the Nerve to install Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer... WITH PICS

Here's another example for food for thought.. I left the butterfly gasket in one piece, no leaks whatsoever.
b0c2e21c5f5f2aa8f207d2e6581b96d2.jpg

I bought an extra butterfly gasket so when I do this I don't have to cut mine.
That will probably work but trying to line up all the screw holes will be a pain honestly with a butterfly gasket on each side. Also if you keep the butterfly gasket intact, the inside lip or center channel should provide another dimension of leak proof insurance. Now theoretically if you place a gasket on both sides of the liner it shouldn't leak and many have had success. However I like to KISS . Just trace out the inside face flange and mark the hokes with a sharpie, cut out the stenciled box 1/8" wider to take in account for the thickness of the inside of the gasket and you'll have a really clean looking install that's pretty easy since the gasket is held in place while you fumble around mounting the plate to the skimmer box if you're like me, lol. To each their own, just my 2¢

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.