Spa air switch

keene3b07

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 9, 2011
I have a blower for a spa that is not turning on. The previous owners had an air switch connected to the blower that they had cut out. Is it possible the reason the blower wont turn on is because the air switch was off before it was cut out? If so is how can i either bypass the air switch, or turn it permanently so that the blower will only be controlled by the EasyTouch? Thanks for the help

You will need to find the blowers electrical source and check to see if there is voltage there. If they just removed the button, then yes your idea could be correct. An air switch is just as it's name implies, an electrical switch activated by a puff of air. Between the button and the actual electrical switch is a small tube to carry the air. Find that tube and follow it to the switch.

It's relatively easy to bypass the air switch. You have to find the switch (most likely under the blower cover) and either jumper between the wires on the terminals or remove them and tie them together.

Keep in mind that the switch isn't the pushbutton. The pushbutton is just the actuator of the switch.

Since it's now being controlled by an automation system, they should have removed the wires from the air switch and extended them to the automation system relay. In that case I doubt that the air switch has anything to do with the blower not running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.