Is there such thing as too green to bother slamming?

Many thanks, everyone! I've shared this thread with the unfortunate owner of this neglected swamp so she can make a decision. I've already told her that regardless, she should start out by buying a TF100. It's perhaps the best $68 I ever spent! Here's a "before" picture for the record books (taken 3 hot sunny days ago):
green monster.jpg

This is what I tried to do (I'm the friend) but now my issue is no vacuum suction and maybe all sorts of issues with pump. That has to be fixed first. Pressure gauge is broken. Seems to run on filter fine. No vacuum suction on any setting. Hose primed. No idea where the water is being suctioned from. I can not find a pull from around the hose on either end but yet you can hear water flow and pump shows water return. Going to get new hose and vacuum seal and head and hope that is it. Otherwise, looks like I need someone to inspect pump. Here is my other thread. Have to get suction working before anything else. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/92740-How-to-vacuum-to-waste-correctly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.