Pool and Door alarms

There is no such thing as being to careful with child safety. I can't believe that poeple actually install safety systems to meet codes and remove them after inspection. Imagine what legal liability you would have if anything happens, not to mention the moral implications.

Well we are those people who immediately took down the alarms on our sliding door and two windows that face the pool. We do not have children in our home or as visitors but if we ever did we have saved the alarms and will put them back on. We do have a fence around our yard with the self-closing, self-latching locks though.

Is there such a fence that is really non climbable ? It sounds as if you'd end up with something similar to what they have around maximum security prisons... :( I think that all regular chain-linked fences are possible to climb if someone really wants to do it. I think in an area with a lot of kids around you may need something more than just a fence t keep them out.
I'll take pictures of the compliant fence enclosure around my rear patio and add them this afternoon.

UPDATE: here is a picture of my fence.
image.jpg

Is there such a fence that is really non climbable ? It sounds as if you'd end up with something similar to what they have around maximum security prisons... :( I think that all regular chain-linked fences are possible to climb if someone really wants to do it. I think in an area with a lot of kids around you may need something more than just a fence t keep them out.

We have a 6+' vinyl privacy fence around our entire back yard. It would be mighty hard for me to climb even from the inside where the horizontal braces are. You pretty much have to be well versed in parkour to get over ours from the outside.

It isn't that the fence is non-climbable it is that a young child cannot climb it. I think the age is 4 or 6 and younger, they aren't trying to keep teenagers out of the pool. Just young kids who don't know better and can't swim.

Just failed final due to door alarms. Trying to find the easiest and cheapest solution. No children, no friends that bring their children over. I see the nanny state is in full swing. Guess I will buy 3 Techko's for inspection.

Harbor Freight has similar ones, two pack for $5....battery's included! But since they have chime, alarm and off settings they really don't comply with pool codes. I have them on my back doors, but that's in addition to raising the standard lock, adding a slide bolt at 5 ft above floor level and a pool compliant fence with Magnalatch separating the patio from the pool area.

The county here just adopted the 2015 code this July. A powered lockable safety cover is an exception to all of the barrier requirements. They don't have any additional stricter requirements here.

We do have a fence around the back yard with latched and lockable gates as well, and my insurance agent told me that satisfies their requirements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.