Can Anyone Identify This Filter

May 3, 2015
Moorpark, CA
I just bought a house with a pool. I am having trouble identifying the pool filter, because someone painted over all the labels on the filter tank. You can see an outline of a label in picture 3. Can anyone identify this filter?

View attachment 36154

If no one can identify it, then what?

Thanks.

Michael

Attachments

• 20150507_100559.jpg
    20150507_100559.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 98
You guys are invaluable! Thank you so much.

I can now service my filter.:cool:

Now that I knew my filter make and model, I found this helpful video on cleaning it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8TzWu-xK7s

Michael
My filter is fiberglass, but I have the same backwash setup except mine has an elbow and a nipple for the backwash hose. Less mess. If you backwash first, there's less crud on the screens. I just leave the backwash valve open and blast the screens in place, and all the stuff ends up draining out the bottom into the hose and away it goes. After reassembly, I backwash again long enough to clean out the hose. I also use cellulose instead of DE because it is biodegradable. DE is not. If your backwash handle is hard to reach, like mine, I found the fireplace poker works good to push and pull on the lever.

Wear old clothes and flipflops just the same.

My filter is fiberglass, but I have the same backwash setup except mine has an elbow and a nipple for the backwash hose. Less mess. If you backwash first, there's less crud on the screens. I just leave the backwash valve open and blast the screens in place, and all the stuff ends up draining out the bottom into the hose and away it goes. After reassembly, I backwash again long enough to clean out the hose. I also use cellulose instead of DE because it is biodegradable. DE is not. If your backwash handle is hard to reach, like mine, I found the fireplace poker works good to push and pull on the lever.

Wear old clothes and flipflops just the same.

Thank you for the tips. Right now there is no hose on the system to drain it away from the pump area (picture 1). Where is the best place to get one of those roll up hoses? I guess they just clamp onto the end of the backwash pipe?

Also this is a bit of a newbie question, but the manufacturer instructions show the same amount of DE for backwashing as is used for putting a new filter into service. I thought less DE was used in a backwash situation.

Michael

Thank you for the tips. Right now there is no hose on the system to drain it away from the pump area (picture 1). Where is the best place to get one of those roll up hoses? I guess they just clamp onto the end of the backwash pipe?

Also this is a bit of a newbie question, but the manufacturer instructions show the same amount of DE for backwashing as is used for putting a new filter into service. I thought less DE was used in a backwash situation.

Michael
I got mine at Lowes. I also bought the nipple there that threads into the end of the backwash port, right there by the hoses out in the pool section in the outdoor garden section. And a hose clamp. Make sure when you roll out the hose that there are no kinks or twists. Otherwise it will blow up like a balloon and pop and spew filthy sludge all over the place.

If all you do is backwash, then use 80% to recharge. If you do a full cleaning, use 100%. They're being excessively optimistic about how well the filters backwash clean.

Thanks again guys!

Richard, you probably saved me from a big newbie mistake with the hose kink advice. I can only imagine what a mess that would make.:eek:

Michael
Mine blew alongside a gravel bed. Despite the plastic weed barrier beneath the gravel, it's now one of the most fertile spots in my yard. Dandelions and thistles thrive there. Luckily, they pull out easily, too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.