Salt Reading Fluctuates

Mar 4, 2015
Laguna Hills
The salt readings on my Aquarite SWG vary from 600ppm to 3500ppm over 1-2 days. My actual salt level as tested is 3600ppm and has been consistent. My cell is 3 years old, but has been regularly maintained and is clean inside. All wires and connections have been checked and are good. I have "recalibrated" the cell by switching the controller to off, then on, waiting for the click, press the button 5 times, switch to superchlorinate and then back to on. This works for about a day, then it starts over again. The Generate light is on when the reading is above 2600. The salt cell tested OK. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

I have the Aquarite T15. My salt level on screen fluctuates only a couple hundred ppm. Can you update the salt display to the NEW Instant Salinity Value ?

Slide the main switch from Off to the Auto position
Push the diagnostic button repeatedly until -xxxx appears on screen
Slide main switch from Auto to Super Chlorinate and back to Auto
Push Diagnostic button to exit

What is the water temp? If it is below 50 it won't work, below 60 it might not work, below 70 it could be intermittent. Or it is failing. I don't spend a lot of time trying to get my SWG to work or trust its salt readings until the water is close to 70. I use bleach until then.

What is the water temp? If it is below 50 it won't work, below 60 it might not work, below 70 it could be intermittent. Or it is failing. I don't spend a lot of time trying to get my SWG to work or trust its salt readings until the water is close to 70. I use bleach until then.

My Instant salt reading starts at 3600 and then rapidly declines to around 2400. Water temp is 72.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.