Caribbean Clear System

Pathfinder

In The Industry
Sep 22, 2008
Ontario Canada
Hey all, new to the forum but not the Industry. I hope this is the right place to post this topic.
I've just picked up a new/old customer(Original builder for pool 7yrs ago) They have a Caribbean Clear system installed and think its the greatest system but there liner is blotched out and faded all over. While 5 other pools I installed with the same liner look like new. Their levels are all over the map 8 for ph 70 Alk 90 for Cal. What I'm looking for is some feed back on this Copper/silver system and its adverse affects on liners and equipment Ie studies that I can show my customer and have them go a proper route when I put in a new liner for them next year.

Welcome to TFP!

Copper/silver systems can easily lead to unsightly dark (gray/green/black) stains on the pool, but what you describe doesn't really sound like that.

Liner fading usually comes from very low PH and/or very high chlorine levels. Blotchiness usually comes from pouring bleach or muriatic acid in one area without proper circulation or pouring powdered/granular chemicals in dense piles. The chemical levels in that area can reach extreme levels for a time before the chemical gets completely mixed.

I have ran into a few customers who swear by them also. I have no idea how to service those systems. One customer told me that he is fine if he adds liquid CL but the first time he added granular he had staining problems instantly.

Its not your normal staining or bleaching. They add the bleach in the deep end infront of the return is what i was told. The problem is this guy goes door to door to pool owners gives his pitch. The once he gets the sale he says all you need is bleach and is never heard from again. This guy is a cancer in my area he does no after sales service or anything else pool related and when they have problems they call us. Ive cut out approx 30 of these units over the years. But I need good info to have them switch. Considering I wont warranty the new liner next year if they still use that system. I want to properly educate them so they realize Im not just trying to push my product on them just for a sale.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.