Home Warranty Companies and Pool Coverage

BFR

Mar 21, 2015
Austin, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I dont know if this is the correct place for this question or not, but I'm looking at getting a home warranty. We had a warranty that came with the house, but it expired some months ago and I'm thinking of getting a new one.

Does anyone have advice or recommendations about which company to use? I live in Central Texas if has any impact on which one might be better.

Thanks in advance,

BFR

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I am not sure these warranties make a lot of sense for pools. After they nickle and dime you for multiple visits to fix the problem, you are stuck with them doing the cheapest possible fix they can. None of the equipment is that expensive and sudden failure rates are pretty low.

Welcome to TFP.

I used to buy home warranties way back when. Nearly every time i called them there was some reason why it wasn't covered. So, I stopped getting them 10 or so years ago. Admittedly, I didn't have pools back then, but I wouldn't expect pools to be any different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.