Removing Spa Jets

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience with a spillover spa with jets like these? Two of them are sputtering and shooting out air and I'd like to remove them to inspect, and maybe switch a few around to test. Pump has prime, and the rest of them are fine. I would gladly take thoughts on what may be happening here.

I used to have a tool to remove them - it was a plasticky tube that had some tabs at one end. It somehow disappeared over the winter (or the company that opened the pool may have helped themselves to it!) I haven't had any luck finding a replacement tool either locally or online, but I may be hindered by the fact I have no idea what it's called to facilitate a search.

The outer shell turns a bit each way to control the pressure, but then stops. Can I use a pair of channel locks to just keep cranking it? Or is that tool a necessity? I never removed the jets before so I'm not really sure exactly how it's done. It doesn't seem like there are tabs or anything like that to push in. Obviously I don't want to break anything by using brute force if there's a technique to it.

Thanks for your thoughts!

jets.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.