Disable solar sensor on Aqualink

Dixit

Jul 16, 2012
Duluth, GA (ATL)
In my quest to find ways to use more JVAs, I want to allocate the Solar JVA to something but my iAqulink keeps telling me that the SOLAR JVA is used when I don't have it connected nor do I have a Solar temp sensor connected. How do I make the system let me use it? How do I disable this?

Do I simple install a short jumper between the two wire ports for the solar sensor? Or do I need to maybe say enable dip switch 1 on the 2nd set (Heat Pump priority, which disables Solar Heat). Again don't have a solar sensor, only have a water sensor and an air temp sensor hooked up.

Dixit

Ok so setting the 2nd set first dipswitch to ON for heat pump priority didn't work, it still thinks Solar is USED. In the sensors it shows OPENED. Not sure how to get the system to think its disabled so I can use the Solar JVA port as the manual states it can be used for other things if there is no solar sensor, which is what I have (don't have a solar sensor plugged in).

Dixit

Ok, all of my dip switches are off.

17268555156_c7963b9180_c.jpg

Pins 3 and 4 have nothing connected.

17294508255_21145623d4_c.jpg

I am using the solar JVA for my water feature.

17108303299_12564e241b_c.jpg

16672162724_d85a359e35_c.jpg

I'm sure you have the following image already, but I'll post it just in case. Its not the best quality.

17294508475_df71963fcb_c.jpg

Ok, all of my dip switches are off.

Pins 3 and 4 have nothing connected.

I am using the solar JVA for my water feature.

Dang it, then Im not sure why I cant use it. I have nothing connected to 3/4 pins. Originally all my dip switches were off too and that didn't help. somehow keeps thinking its USED and the Solar Sensor says OPENED. Wont let me re-assign it since it says USED.

Dixit

So asked Jandy support via email, they told me the following "This looks to be a glitch in the firmware. You can clear the memory and start over. This usually does the trick!"
So I wrote down all my settings/schedule programs. Cleared the Memory. Before I did anything, went to Assign JVAs and noticed Solar JVA is still USED. So that didn't work!

Dixit

And as I knew, Jandy isn't going to help me any further.

"At this point I have to suggest having a professional come out onsite to inspect the problem with the Solar JVA. I hope you understand that I want to help you solve this problem but I can’t do so through direct troubleshooting with you. Unfortunately we are limited to the types of troubleshooting we are able to conduct with pool owners. It’s not that we doubt your ability to work on our product, it is simply a safety issue for you, and a liability for the company, and we recommend you contact a pool professional in your area."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.