Multiport Valve recommendations

Aug 26, 2012
Herndon, Va
Every year I have problems with my multiport valve leaking out of the wrong ports. I replaced the spider gasket and everything looks good. But for some reason once I move the position of the handle I end up with a leak. So I just open it up and then close it and everything is good again.

The valve is pretty old and I think for the cost I'm ready to replace it.

I'd like to get a decent one and one that I won't have problems with, just install and forget.

Looking to get recommendations on a new valve and any other info I would need to replace the valve. Is there a standard for the placement of all the connections or will this require a complete redo of my pumping station?

Thanks,

Jim

The good news is that you can use most any side mount multiport as long as you pick the correct orientation of the inlet and outlet ports. I don't think there's any one model or brand that much better than another. Just pick one you like and go with it.

You will most likely have to rework at least some of the plumbing, so it may be a good idea to order a set of manifold union halves before you get started.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.