ozone purification

rajung

Mar 17, 2015
Cedar Falls, Iowa
My pool is just under 3 years old,was using biogaurd silk sticks,now for the last 12 months using nothing but bleach or other grocery store products.
This year I wired in a timer so the pump runs 10am - 6pm
During brushing the pool tonight I just realized my ozone purification system as doughboy calls it, was still running since its plugged in directly to outlet.
I check my FC and ph daily-Was I upsold on this thing while being new?
Never had algea but then never let the pool go a day without adjustment off adding chlorine or borax
current test
PH 7.4
TA 110
CYA 40
FC 4.5
CC 0
our pool doesn't get used a lot, maybe once a week by a couple kids and daily by me, but just floating around like a leaf.
Starting to think I was sold something that just runs 24/7 and buzzez, and if this thing does run all the time does it do any damage with no water flow when pump is off,just has a long hose from it connected to a ventury typ PVC threaded tube.Thanks

Hi,
as long as you keep your chlorine to the proper level, then you dont need the ozone. So, probably, yeah, you were upsold. Dont feel bad though, a LOT of people are suppled that and more, just becuase they dont know wny better.

Your test numbers look great! Nice job on that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.