light placement

outdoorsgal

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
building a 40 x 12' rectangle pool. will post a pic. California pools wanted to sell me a Hayward color logic (4.0 LED I think) and I had them "downgrade" to 2 lesser bright lights (Hayward 320s) so that the light would not point towards where we will sit and so we won't swim into it. the Hayward logic 4.0 got bad reviews on amazon but that's another subject. i'm not sure if they can offer me other lights but i'm open to suggestions. we placed the lights facing away from the house on a 40 foot side of the pool. i'm wondering if we should add a light near the steps or move one of the lights to where the steps/shelf are. some folks seem to say that putting the light at an end of the pool is ideal but with the steps and Baja i'm wondering how much of it will be blocked. it'd be nice to be able to see the steps and shelf, though. ofcourse we're already running over on budget but don't want to have regrets either. thoughts on this particular design and if this pool can be lit by 2 lights (without placing them on the north or west side to avoid the glare issue) or if others have regretted not having their steps and shelf lit up. shelf will be 7 ft x 4'3" with 7'9" left for swim lane/races with the kids. steps in corner so that people rn't stepping over others who r on Baja. thanku!CAD page 1.jpg

The steps will be dark no matter which wall the light is on unless on the north wall aimed directly across at them or on the east wall just above the bottom step. This is similar to my pool and I have a Colorlogic in the deep end casting toward shallow and a Colorlogic spa light just above my lowest step to illuminate the steps. They are not overly bright and don't bother me while I'm sitting on my deck but to each his own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.