What did you do to your pool today?

Patrick...are you going to start a thread on your Dolphin refurb? I hope you took some pics! What differences are you noticing? As you know, mine is new this year, but I will need to replace parts eventually.
Crystal

Yea, Ill will post a thread today or tomorrow as soon as I can. I did take plenty of pics, and plan on writing up the things I think will be helpful hints. Performance wise, he has excellent grip now, and I just didn't realize how bad it had gotten until last weekend. Its like brand new week one now, and I feel really stupid for not realizing this before. But, I was very preoccupied and away from the pool almost all of last summer. I noticed some things and studied on him the last couple of weeks and had a couple of ahhh hahhh moments. I'll detail it in the thread. Thanks for asking! Oh, and some pics up now in the gallery.

I brushed and skimmed..still so breezy. Looks are deceiving...the water is only 57.
ab63828e5ed1b35e74b3e45445a00efb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I put the amazon hair nets on the skimmers. Looks like that will be a great success.

Ran The Beast Master to get last night's wind debris cleaned up.

Hung up a new water hose hanger for the pool hose.

Water is down to 65 again since cold front and storms rolled in. It was 72 a few days ago...sigh.

Crystal :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ran a set yesterday, and will need to bump my Cya a little. I am going to find out how little stabilzer and FC I can get away with this summer, as all indications are I might do it well below what most people average. I have hardly had a good residual all year so far, and not the slightest indication of a problem. We shall see. Water at 78F a week ago, and down to 72 with this stupid cold snap. Boo!

:-(

Ran a set yesterday, and will need to bump my Cya a little. I am going to find out how little stabilzer and FC I can get away with this summer, as all indications are I might do it well below what most people average. I have hardly had a good residual all year so far, and not the slightest indication of a problem. We shall see. Water at 78F a week ago, and down to 72 with this stupid cold snap. Boo!

:-(

Funny how I am opposite wondering if I should raise my CYA more lol I will keep a check more in June when sun is full blast on the pool all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I am... from Oct - Mar pool is completely shaded.. Apr brings half in sun until end of day then all sun. May - Sep it will be full sun from sunup to sunset lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the opposite experiment last summer, raising CYA and FC and found it better for my pool. That is the beauty of TFP, you learn what everything does and then figure out how to best manage your pool with the tools. My wife was commenting to some folks last week that this was the easiest pool "opening" spring yet. We just took the cover off and started swimming. I think that was really mostly thanks to Gilligan more than anything else. But the higher CYA and FC levels seem to make it just a bit better, easier and more forgiving to all the varmints we have visiting the pool.

I am going to find out how little stabilzer and FC I can get away with this summer, as all indications are I might do it well below what most people average.

Don't be surprised if one of those 3 letter alphabet agencies (TFP) shows up to make sure you are in compliance with minimum standards.
.......(ignore that man in the black suit).........................

I did the opposite experiment last summer, raising CYA and FC and found it better for my pool. That is the beauty of TFP, you learn what everything does and then figure out how to best manage your pool with the tools. My wife was commenting to some folks last week that this was the easiest pool "opening" spring yet. We just took the cover off and started swimming. I think that was really mostly thanks to Gilligan more than anything else. But the higher CYA and FC levels seem to make it just a bit better, easier and more forgiving to all the varmints we have visiting the pool.

This has been working out great for me the last 2 seasons..This year I started at 37CYA(Being up here I empty it halfway at closing).. I bumped it off to 40..when the water gets over 70 I bump it to 50..it's what works best for me..the pool gets full sun all day from opening till October.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support