I would like to have the bottom of the pool re-plastered versus painted

Sep 21, 2013
Hello - I am an owner of hybird pool, construction fiberglass walls and concrete bottom and noticed pool has lost of water over the last 5 months. I had a leak detected and fixed 6 years ago which was on the bottom drain (repair was done underwater and i am not sure what he used. I painted the bottom of the pool 8 years ago and now is looking shabby with peeling paint and am also seeing exposed concrete.

Question - i would like to have the bottom of the pool re-plastered versus painted, is that an option? I have seen some comments that say it isn't an option.

What other options do i have besides painting the bottom of the pool. Someone mentioned resurfacing the entire pool fiberglass - is that an option?

Your feedback is appreciated?

Thx

Mike

Yes, re-plastering is an option. To be done properly you'll need to fully remove (sandblast) the existing plaster. You may be able to save some money by chipping away the weak spots only, but that seems to be a lee-than-optimal solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.