Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IG Pool Startup

1. Back To Top    #1

IG Pool Startup

Our pool has just been fired up. Tomorrow we are scheduled for pool school. We've never owned a pool before so I turn to the knowledgeable people of this group for guidance. What things should we look for on the walk through to make sure everything is working correctly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Pool completed in the fall of 2008.
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IG Pool Startup

.......sitting quietly in the corner, waiting to hear anything that I might learn for when my pool opens up.....

Freeform 24' x 31' IG gunite, chlorine pool, 3'-4.5'-6.5' deep, 15K gallons, 8' Dia. Spa, Pentair CNC Plus 420 cartridge filter, IntelliFlo 4160 pump, WhisperFlow WF-30-2.5 HP Spa pump, Pentair .75 HP booster pump, Pentair MasterTemp 400 Heater, MDX Debris Removal system, Intellibrite Color LED lights, Tropical Breeze PebbleTec, Pentair Legend Platinum pressure side pool cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: IG Pool Startup

Pool school has been pushed back to tomorrow. Yesterday the PB set the pool to spill over mode and told us to leave it running. There is no water going to the pool returns and it appears the skimmers are not turned on. The lower spa jets have a small amount of flow. The pool is clearing up but when I brush it there are still clouds of dirt. Is this the normal way to start up a pool?

The filter pump seems to be running at low speed. There is still a lot of air in the filter basket and a stream of tiny bubbles coming from the spa jets. Is this normal?

TIA
    Pool completed in the fall of 2008.
    Landmark's pool build

Freeform 26' x 45' IG gunite, 4' to 8' deep, 29,500 gallons, WetEdge PearlMatrix Tropical Mystic, Freeform 8' X 11' Ultimate 16 jet spa, 38' moss rock weeping wall and 3 waterfalls,

4 pumps (Intelliflo 4X160 filter pump, WhisperFlo 3HP spa pump, Pentair 2 1/2HP WaterFall pump, cleaner booster), EasyTouch 8 controls, Quad DE 100 filter, MasterTemp 400K heater, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner, 995 sqft. Sundek.