Pentair Legend 2 not doing its Job

Mar 20, 2015
Liberty Hill, TX
I just Purchased a new to Us home in Texas that has an Ecostar pump and a Pentair Legend 2 cleaner without a booster pump. This is the first pool that i have owned that does not have a booster pump. The pool was installed a year and half ago by a very reputable company Here in the Austin area called Oasis Pools.

The cleaner does not have a booster pump so it has 1.5" hose and these strange couplings that seem to leak. The back up valve leaks too and does not back up every 3.5 minutes like it says it should. I took the back up valve apart because of constant leakage, to find that the gears inside were locked up. After messing with it for a while i got the gears loose and put it all back together with fingers crossed... No go.. The tail does not whip, constantly getting stuck in corners and just does not seem to have the pressure that it should. I cleaned the filters, both on hose, and in the main DE filter.

Are the hoses designed to leak? can i rebuild the hose? anyone else had these problems? thanks for everyones reply's..

Welcome to TFP Bobbzitro. :wave:

I really can't answer all that about the hoses, but it sure doesn't sound right.

My suggestion may not be helpful in terms of what you want to hear, but based on your troubles, I highly suggestion looking into a Robotic cleaner.

They work incredibly well, use very little power, and don't have another pump to break. Plus, you don't have to run the main pump to feed the booster. They don't have all those other issues with leaky hoses, stuck gears, or getting stuck in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.