Leisure Bay heating problem

Jun 24, 2013
Atl
I've had this Leisure bay g2 tub for almost 10 years. The tub won't heat the water. I replaced the old element with a new one. The heat light on the top side control is lit, and both pumps are running properly,but the water isn't heating. I'm not measuring any voltage with my multimeter on the leads to the heater,but the supply to the board is measuring 240. The leads to the heater are showing 15.7 ohms of resistance. Does this mean the board is bad and needs to be replaced? If so, is it best to replace the board or go with a new control system like the one here?
http://www.spapartsn...stems-a/310.htm

My concern with the new control system is having the plumbing match up, as the current heater tube sits on top of the control Box, but the replacement has it going through the bottom. I have some experience doing pvc plumbing with my pool, but I haven't ever messed with any of the hot tub plumbing. Any guidance or assistance is greatly appreciated.

There is a relay somewhere that turns the heater on and off, presumably somewhere on the main control board. It seems likely that the relay is failing to close and thus not sending power to the heater. Those relays can usually be replaced without replacing the entire control board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.