Variable Speed Pump Setup

Mar 4, 2015
Laguna Hills
I recently replaced my main pump motor with an Ecotech EZ variable speed motor, and would like to know how I can operate this through my Jandy RS and PDA remote controller. At present, I must adjust the speed manually (from the controller on the motor) if I want to switch from pool to spa mode. Does anyone have instructions on how to set this up?

Welcome jrusher.

Unfortunately, these are the toughest questions for most us to answer. Hopefully you'll get some perspective, but I have Pentair. Wish I could help more, but do enjoy the forums.

I also have Pentair and do not know the answer to this for Jandy equipment. But, it should be something like this. Set preset 1 for pool speed you want and set preset 2 for spa speed you want on the pump. Then tell the Jandy controller to select pump speed 1 for pool and pump speed 2 for spa.

The most common version of the Ecotech EZ variable speed does not allow external speed control at all. There is a version that works with a small add on to allow external control. If you have that version it works the way pooldv described, but if you have the standard version it is not possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.