Venturi Net Recommendations

h2o

Jun 30, 2008
Houston, TX
During the fall and winter, my pool is inundated with leaves and the Polaris just can't keep up. During thee times I will use a venturi type leaf bagger to get leaves off the bottom of the pool. The one I had for like 10 years finally broke so I went to Leslie's to buy a new one. This is the one I bought.

http://www.lesliespool.com/leslies-20144-leaf-bagger-brushwheel-combo/20144.htm

The old one worked very well and had some metal parts, like where the hose hooked up to it. The new one is a POS. The hose connector is plastic and the nozzles don't create enough suction to hardly vacuum any leaves up. Leslie's wouldn't take it back because it was scratched up already so I am looking for a better one. Anyone have a recommendation for one that works like it's supposed to and vacuums the leaves up efficiently?

We get tons of leaves in the winter and I find a standard old school leaf net works just fine:

mmjeZz3YF3Vdnu6EAJZVZww.jpg

This is why i love my VS pump. It runs at 1100 rpm 24x7 and is always skimming. It only draws about 150w at this speed. I have to empty my skimmer baskets 2, 3 or more times per day, but that is a lot better than emptying the cleaner bag, and the skimmers hold a ton more leaves. Then there are some days when you just have to get the net.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.