Help With Leak Please

Jan 19, 2015
Princeton/WV
We have an in ground pool and the pump and sand filter is located in the basement. We noticed a leak a little while back coming from the sand filter. It was winterized by a professional, at least that's what he calls himself. Jets have been plugged off. I was able to break the ice off from it today and I noticed the lid off of the main drain cover had came off. We called a pool specialty place and they said it was impossible for the main drain to be leaking in the basement. Nobody is able to dive down until the weather warms. Are there any ideas about what it could be? I appreciate any help.

Thanks

We have an in ground pool and the pump and sand filter is located in the basement. We noticed a leak a little while back coming from the sand filter. It was winterized by a professional, at least that's what he calls himself. Jets have been plugged off. I was able to break the ice off from it today and I noticed the lid off of the main drain cover had came off. We called a pool specialty place and they said it was impossible for the main drain to be leaking in the basement. Nobody is able to dive down until the weather warms. Are there any ideas about what it could be? I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Agree with Brushpup, sounds like a sand filter leak. A leak from the main drain would not cause what is described.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.