Rebalancing after Jack's Magic #2

Slamming will work but risks restaining. You can probably just wait it out and it will eventually go away.

What is your cya?

What was the reason for using the product?

Did it work?

CYA is 30.

I have a fiberglass pool. I had some small stains on the bottom and walls. Last year, I did the cobalt treatment and the stains came back. Jack's said that indicated more copper than cobalt. Testing showed reacting to both, and the cobalt was simpler and quicker. Therefore, I tried it first.

So, if the stains come back this time, they will just have to stay!

My reason for trying the SLAM is I am at the six-week point since the treatment. I have been more than patient enough, so time to take the extreme measures.

Just an update for any member's future issues:

My CC took over 8-weeks to clear up. I SLAMMED for two days to try and burn some of it off. Then, for fear of bringing the stains back, went to just maintaining my FC at target and ignoring the CC altogether.

Once my FC was obviously staying more steady, I began checking CC again. Last night, I passed the OCLT with no CC's. I am back to normal!

Good luck

I will comment here too (even though this is an old post) as another member directed me to this thread after being a victim of Jacks magic #2 as well!! The pebbletech people were trying to get my black pebble to look more even toned and added a few cups of this stuff yesterday. This morning CC was 6 and FC only 2.5-brought FC to shock level and bY end of the day FC was back down to 1.5. Not until after I added another 5 jugs of bleach again did I find info about how you just need to look at TC for 30 days. Hopefully I didn't screw somethjbd up by shocking. Ugh, this stuff is a nightmare!! Makes me never want to let anyone touch my pool again!

Just an update for any member's future issues:

My CC took over 8-weeks to clear up. I SLAMMED for two days to try and burn some of it off. Then, for fear of bringing the stains back, went to just maintaining my FC at target and ignoring the CC altogether.

Once my FC was obviously staying more steady, I began checking CC again. Last night, I passed the OCLT with no CC's. I am back to normal!

Good luck

I plan on using this product to get rid of some scale stains once the weather in FL cools down. It seems based on the instructions and this forum that my FC test will be affected for some time. So to clarify your experience, once the #2 product was used, stains removed and then chemistry brought back to normal, you then test FC and CC to get TC. You then added bleach to maintain recommended target levels for FC for two weeks to 30 days. After 30 days your CC wasn’t down to 0 so you then slammed the pool and that helped it? Since I the FC is affected should I just put normal amount of bleach I know the pool needs daily and not waste the regent?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.