Question about the "extra drop" rule

Jul 4, 2014
West Melbourne, FL
Does the "extra drop" rule apply to the FAS-DPD test? I've noticed that if I add the extra drop when testing the FC, then my CC will be 0. However, if I don't add the extra drop when testing FC, then my CC is 0.5.

Because the limit for CC is 0.5, this distinction could be important if the CC is truly above 0.5 and the extra drop during the FC test artificially lowers the CC reading by 0.5.

Thanks!

Ideally you don't want to add an extra drop when doing the FC portion of the FAS-DPD test. However, if there is any confusion about the pink just being mostly gone vs totally gone you may need to use one just to be sure. The extra drop, if any, does count towards CC, but only if there is any CC. Novices have been known to get this wrong in both directions, i.e. using too many drops in the FC portion lowers the CC reading, and likewise using too few drops in the FC portion raises the apparent CC level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.