Jandy valve! The cap threading broke inside the Valve! How to get it out?

Jun 19, 2013
Sunny Florida
One of my Jandy 3-way valves was giving me some resistance so I thought I would service all of them, change O rings, and grease them all. Bad idea.

I started to unscrew the cap on one of the non-problem Jandy valves and BAM- that sucker broke completely and the pump wont prime unless I plug it with my finger. The top cover on the valve wont come off at all, I used a wrench and almost broke a screw port. Forget that... :(

Im more concerned with the piece stuck inside the valve bc the pump wont prime. What is a good way to get the remaining threaded part out of the valve so I can put a new cap in and call it a day? There is hardly anything for needle nose plyers to grip to and just my luck, the place I need to access is tight and facing a wall so its really tough to use normal size tools. So frustrated!

I think that you're talking about the grease port. If you heat up the tip of a small flat head screwdriver, you can gently push it into the plastic piece that's inside the threads being careful not to melt the threads. Hold it steady for about 60 seconds to allow the melted plastic to cool and harden. Then unscrew the broken piece with the screwdriver. The hole is 1/8" pipe thread. You can plug it with a regular 1/8" pipe plug. The Polaris drain plug is the same thread and will work. A hardware store will have the plug in brass.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.