Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BIG MISTAKE ? took cleaner out of pool and forgot to replace

1. Back To Top    #1

BIG MISTAKE ? took cleaner out of pool and forgot to replace

So i took my navigator out of the pool yesterday and unhooked the hose from it and laid it on the pool deck and somewhere between that time ended up having to tend to something else and forgot all about putting the hose and the navigator back in the pool so of course it ran its scheduled time last night for 3 hrs on cleaner mode and could have only been sucking air im assuming since the hose was still connected to the side outlet of the pool but the hose was sitting on the deck . Do you think i did any damage to the system ? i hooked it up this morning and ran it and seemed to be ok, just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so what i should look for , thanks
    IG pool, 30,000 gallons, Aqua rite turbo SWG system,aqua logic ps8 unit,Midnight sea wet edge satin matrix , hayward 360 sand filter,hayward navigator,tristar waterfall pump,(hayward vs pump hopefully soon)autofill (well water), waterfall-grotto-tile slide. STARTUP oct 20,2007,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BIG MISTAKE ? took cleaner out of pool and forgot to replace

Tilly, it may not have caused any harm Check the pump for any little leaks (especially under the back of the pump, where the motor is attached) or air bubbles in the front part of the housing. It takes a while for the pump to harm itself by drawing in air.

I hope all turns out well with this and you will remember to fully disconnect everything in the future

Also, isn't the navigator a pressure side cleaner?
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Tilly, it may not have caused any harm Check the pump for any little leaks (especially under the back of the pump, where the motor is attached) or air bubbles in the front part of the housing. It takes a while for the pump to harm itself by drawing in air.

I hope all turns out well with this and you will remember to fully disconnect everything in the future

Also, isn't the navigator a pressure side cleaner?
    So far so good , no leaks that i can see, hopefully its ok and your right i will def be more careful, im usually pretty good about that but a situation arose and i forgot all about it.
    As for the navigator ya i think so ,what does that mean ? i know it sucks the water thru it
    IG pool, 30,000 gallons, Aqua rite turbo SWG system,aqua logic ps8 unit,Midnight sea wet edge satin matrix , hayward 360 sand filter,hayward navigator,tristar waterfall pump,(hayward vs pump hopefully soon)autofill (well water), waterfall-grotto-tile slide. STARTUP oct 20,2007,

4. Back To Top    #4

Tilly, my bad!

I mistook Navigator for the Phantom
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)