Brown dirt issue

Okay, now that I'm on a computer, and not tapatalk on my phone, I'll give a better answer. The large translucent lumps are definitely dirt/sand. That's the majority of what you have there. However, the smaller, round circles that are slightly greenish look organic to me. Each also has a dark speck in it, likely the cell nucleus. Google "algae microscope" and you'll see some similar looking images.

Okay, now that I'm on a computer, and not tapatalk on my phone, I'll give a better answer. The large translucent lumps are definitely dirt/sand. That's the majority of what you have there. However, the smaller, round circles that are slightly greenish look organic to me. Each also has a dark speck in it, likely the cell nucleus. Google "algae microscope" and you'll see some similar looking images.
We actually did do a lot of google searches for microscopic images of algae, dirt and sand. We did also think the lumps were dirt/sand from what we found, but the algae was a little more difficult to identify. From reading some posts on this forum, it sounded like algae were usually non-circular and would clump together or form chains. This just seems to be random circular objects, so I'm a little unsure if some algae does look like that and that might be what we have. We looked at the sample in a Patri dish and left it out. It has been getting indirect sun and I don't see anything growing in there. I'm going to keep an eye on it for a day or so more just to make sure nothing grows. I wish I had a more powerful microscope to really zoom in on those circles and get a better idea of what those look like.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.