First Time Closing

First off thanks for all the help you all have given this season as it has gone a long way in making this season a wonderful "Trouble Free Pool" season. I am now getting ready to close the pool today. I water temp is about 68 degrees. In all the reading i am doing I am concerned about disconnecting the pump this early. However this is my last weekend off for about four to five weeks and want to try and get done if ok. I have brought my pool to shock level and have been circulating for about two hours and plan to go 2 to four more. My questions is this, would I be best to cover pool and just leave pump hooked up for a few more weeks? Or am I ok to do complete shut down? Night time temps are in the 60's now and should remain there or lower from here on. Day time this week is to be 70's. Thanks again!!!!

Leave the pump hooked up and run it about 1-2 hours a day. Cover the pool. When the air temps get to freezing make sure your at shock level and pull the pump. You'll hold FC with pool covered so you won't need to test all that often. Just make sure it's at shock level when you pull the pump. Ideally you want your water temp below 60 when you pull the pump.
This is where I'm at right now. I didn't bring it to shock level yet. I just maintain regular FC levels until I'm ready to pull the pump and filter. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.