What Safety Cover would you advise?

Jun 14, 2011
New Jersey
So my solid safety cover is coming apart after last season's snows, the pool was built in 2006 so I assume it is 8 years old. Bought the house in 2011. I sent it out for repair through Leslie's but they would not do it stating there is too much stitching rot. They use Raynor and they quoted me $4,500 for the same replacement, I think they had some mesh covers also that ran from $4,000 to $5,000. Currently what I have is Yard Guard. Most other places I will need to pay shipping for the cover to get a quote. This price seems way too high for me and I was wondering if anyone here had experience replacing their cover and can suggest a more affordable solution? I called Backyardcity which I think someone suggested on this forum but they do not do replacements any more (only new covers) and sent me to MightyCovers who also suggested Raynor as the other two companies they use charge for shipping and estimates. He said they all charge more or less the same for the cover itself but not sure how true that is.

Price seems high even with installation. A free form cover like that would cost me around $1,500 to $2,300...assuming its not to crazy a shape. Suggest you do some looking at Internet sites that have forms similar to what I use to measure up the cover. Reason for custom is to make sure reinforcements of plastic are sewn into the cover in the right places. Warranties are 12 yrs and percentage drops for each yr. You could lay out your old one and measure it, then mark where all the brass fittings are. Pretty simple really.

Price seems high even with installation. A free form cover like that would cost me around $1,500 to $2,300...assuming its not to crazy a shape. Suggest you do some looking at Internet sites that have forms similar to what I use to measure up the cover. Reason for custom is to make sure reinforcements of plastic are sewn into the cover in the right places. Warranties are 12 yrs and percentage drops for each yr. You could lay out your old one and measure it, then mark where all the brass fittings are. Pretty simple really.

I was told to get a replacement the only way is to send out the cover for measurements, some places will come out to measure if they are local. I actually called the place who built the pool and they use Maco? He could not tell me exactly but when I told him pool is about 42-22 feet in widest points and with attached spa he said it would cost around $4,500. So that is a second similar estimate. I may need to look around at some cheaper covers. I am talking about a price without installation. I already have anchors so I would install when season is over.

Do up your own quote on any website that sells custom covers. They are not that hard to measure and I am confident you could do it yourself. The forms are easy to fill out and I am sure once you drew out your pool, marked on that sketch where the existing anchors are, then you could get some help from anyone trying to sell these.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.