Excess evaporation or leak? Do I trust my pool company?

Following up to a happy resolution.

I called Atlantic leak detection - in the link above - and made the right call. They were excellent and found the leak fairly quickly. A large open seam between the skimmer and the concrete, sucking up the dye ike candy. They epoxied it and it's done - after a whole season of extra water, chemicals, salt, headaches.....

I called the installer and they are paying for the fix. If the epoxy doesnt hold, they will remove the coping stone over the skimmer and be more definitive - although atlantic said it should hold for a good long while.

The owner of my pool company over-trusted his workers who clearly dropped the ball. The most frustrating thing in all this is that they never once believed me when I told them my pool is leaking like mad. The computer program they use to detect tiny leaks has a large margin of error. Atlantic got rid of that system a long while ago, since it never was reliable.

This is hopefully the final update to this thread.

The epoxy they used did not hold. Even after the new epoxy was put in the leak persisted to a lesser degree. They finally found the source. The housing of the skimmer was leaking about an inch below where the skimmer line meets the housing. They were able to seal the leak without ripping up the new deck and, for the first time in a long time, I have had a negative bucket test for a week. Pressure checked the line today and it passed.

Hallelujah.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.