Is SWG compatable with concrete/aluminum?

Jun 1, 2014
St Louis, MO
Hey guys I am building a DIY inground vinyl liner pool and am at the stage where I am ready to install the coping and liner track. I really want to pour a cantilevered concrete coping and do not want to seal it. I do not want the maintenance or the look. Should I be concerned about using concrete coping with a SWG?

On the same subject I think I would prefer aluminum liner track as opposed to PVC for durability. I have the same question here, which material should I use with a SWG?

Thanks

I have concrete and aluminum and have no issues. I would add some sacrificial anodes to your ladder and maybe an inline one that attaches to the bonding wire down by the pump. A lot of guys will say that you don't need them but mine get eaten up at 3200ppm of salt. 3 years old and I will probably replace next year. I figure for $20 better rating that than my equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With aluminum, you should most certainly have a sacrificial zinc anode attached electrically to it and the anode preferably buried in moist soil. That should help protect aluminum that is immersed in the water. However, if you have aluminum railing for a pool cover and is exposed to splash-out, then you need to wash it off regularly or else it will look like the photos in this post.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.