New Pump Help

May 30, 2012
Boyd, Texas
Short story to begin with. Bought an intex pool (in signature), immediately bought the 14" sand filter to go with it, along with the salt water generator. After about 10 months the pump failed, intex sent me a new pump under warranty. About 2 months later the salt water generator failed, intex sent me a new salt water generator under warranty. Now another year goes by and both the pump and salt water generator have failed again, this time they are out of warranty. The only thing that has lasted is the frame/liner (knock on wood). So at this point i'm ready to get a new pump (non intex!)

Not looking to spend a fortune as this is still a rather temporary pool. Prefer a sand filter. Looking around the $200-250 range.http://www.walmart.com/msharbor/ip/Pro-Above-Ground-Swimming-Pool-Pump-System-4500GPH-19-Sand-Filter-w-1.5HP/35093944?page=seeAllReviews Found this one at walmart, but it has limited reviews. Was also curious if anyone has this pump and if it will attach to intex hoses or would I need to adapt/buy new hoses.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.